(NB this is an old version which need to become very much updated! – When this is done, this “NB” will be removed!)
This website is just started
- Definition: As there are many definitions/use/perceptions/fights on “constructivism” and social constructivism in general as well as specific, I will carefully define how I use the term/concept!
- The starting point is to integrative build on and further develop parts/elements of work of Aristotle, Stephen Pepper (World Hypothesis), Lev Vygotski (e.g. internalization. …), Thomas Kuhn (paradigm and its implications), George Kelly (see e.g. http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/kelly.html to get acquainted with him – I have own links I should add), Kar Popers (World 1, 2 and 3 approach).
1. Culture is defined as biopsychosocial formative processes internalized in an individual´s encounters with the external world.
2. Internalization describes the sociopsychobiological process/outcome of a not conscious (old brain, preferably mammalian brain) as well as more or less conscious perception (new brain, preferably verbal human brain perception of/about processes goings on. An internalization is mainly automatic, taken for granted. Internalization of ideals/values/moral/ethics etc might take place in an individuals and also mammals development creating the platform for a biopsychosocial-cultural development, e.g. in religions, political ideologies, etc. Internalization is directly associated with learning within an organism (or organization). The principle of internalization is use and misused in the development of societies, which can be extremely misused as Neal Postman argues;
“What Huxley teaches is that in the age of advanced technology, spiritual devastation is more likely to come from an enemy with a smiling face than from one whose countenance exudes suspicion and hate. In the Huxleyan prophecy, Big Brother does not watch us, by his choice. We watch him, by ours. There is no need for wardens or gates or Ministries of Truth. When a population becomes distracted by trivia, when cultural life is redefined as a perpetual round of entertainments, when serious public conversation becomes a form of baby-talk, when, in short, a people become an audience and their public business a vaudeville act, then a nation finds itself at risk; culture-death is a clear possibility ” .. Who is prepared to take arms against a sea of amusements? To whom do we complain, and when, and in what tone of voice, when serious discourse dissolves into giggles? What is the antidote to a culture’s being drained by laughter? (Postman, 1985, p 155-156) .. ”What afflicted the people in Brave New World was not that they were laughing instead of thinking, but that they did not know what they were laughing about and why they had stopped thinking” (p. 170).
Externalization can be regarded (not specifically in Freud´s term exactly) as when an individual´s “World Map” IS the presumed real, objective world, that is, all other people percept the real world as the individual does (this text must be more clearly formulated)
4. The Paradigm
7. Art straight
……. more text will soon come …
Below during translation
- Utgångspunkten är att integrerande bygga vidare på delar av Aristoteles arbeten, Stephen Pepper (World Hypothesis), Lev Vygotski (bl.a. internalisering ….), Thomas Kuhn (paradigm och dess konsekvenser), George Kelly (se t.ex. http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/kelly.html för att bekanta er med honom – jag har egna länkar jag skall lägga in), Kar Popers (Värld 1, 2 och 3 modellen).
… text kommer …