Main idea below is to suggest to incorporate integrated psychophysiology into one work in a as easy as possible way enabling increased efficacy in own work – of course need to be construed in a way all winner adjusted way – if possible.
Below I suggest pieces to combine in ways of interests for those see options for own actual work. I will be workshops to choose after judged usefulness. Also, important, to be able to join while working 100%, private life … Also, when groups are formed before registrations options to tailor especially for this group is possible.
The above concerns those working with eastern and/or western medicine including prevention. Below I suggest different workshops focus pieces.
- Psychophysiological measures can be used in conditions as;
- Examination/intake together with your own parameters. We always explain findings for patient which then is followed up in group educations
- Psychophysiological evaluation of own actual work – pre-post measurements, e.g. before and after completing clinical sessions – every one or after a series of sessions. Data can then be analyzed for each session and also over time
- Psychophysiological measurements during intervention e.g. breathing training with or without patients observe data (off-line and online biofeedback – NB elsewhere about how this can be very sophisticated used!)
- Documentation — communications …Measuremen before and after treatemn Outcome – pre-post design
- 2. Parameters suggested – can be dynamic process measured or statistical treated, e.g. on the dynamic behavior of the autonomic nervous system (ANS) with
(i) FT (skin temperature) that roughly but robustly measures the dynamic behaviors of the sympathetic nervous system or
(ii) RSA (Respiratory sinus arrhythmia — oscillation between breathing and ANS dynamic and HRV spectral analysis more complex) or
(iii) Skin Conductance or
(iv) EMG, to see in more detail how muscles behave or
(v) EEG neurofedback or qEEG for investigations of brain behaviors and
(vi) The oxygen part (etCO2 and SpO2) of cell metabolism, especially important when different kind of breathing approaches are used clinically
The above will be more in detailed clarified as well as expressed in practical workshops features
- We also use psychophysiological data in education for explanation of what it is, how it can be interpreted, used in rehab, used as outcome measures, etc. Important is that patients understand what it is, how it can be individual tailored (with supervision etc.) … “To see what you do and do what you see” is so powerful that it needs to be used carefully! More elsewhere about this very important clinical issue!
For more info info(at)stressmedicin.se